Brendan Kumarasamy, Founder of Master Talk, discusses his experience coaching ambitious executives and entrepreneurs to become top 1% communicators in their industry. He stresses the importance of storytelling, body language, vocal tone, and more in communication. He also recommends the random word exercise as a way to help any individual think quickly and logically under pressure. In conclusion, Brendan encourages listeners to not be afraid to explore their passions.
• Brendan Kumarasamy is the founder of Master Talk, a coaching business that helps ambitious executives and entrepreneurs become top 1% communicators in their industry.
• Brendan started making videos as a side hustle in January 2019 and grew the business to 27,000 subscribers in just four years.
• Brendan’s main focus is coaching executives and entrepreneurs on how to communicate effectively, but he also offers free information on his YouTube channel.
• Brendan recommends starting with one ball (a random word exercise) to help beginners learn how to juggle communication effectively.
• The first step to overcoming fear is to learn how to walk.
• The second step is to become proactive and ask questions every day.
• The third step is to send videos messages of appreciation.
• The fourth step is to manage fear by understanding it is a different threshold.
• Brenden discusses how his fear of public speaking led to him becoming a speaker, and how his mission-driven mindset has helped him overcome many challenges.
• He recommends starting out by giving a presentation to just two people, and then gradually increasing the size of the audience.
• He emphasizes the importance of being honest with oneself about why one is pursuing public speaking, and advises against making excuses.
How to start communicating effectively
Effective communication is essential for any relationship. Whether you’re trying to build a rapport with a new acquaintance, networking for a new job, or just chatting with your family, effective communication is key. Here are some tips on how to start communicating effectively:
• Be aware of your body language. Your body language can say a lot about how you’re feeling and what you’re thinking. Make sure to keep your body relaxed and avoid crossing your arms or legs in an uncomfortable way.
• Pay attention to the other person’s words and tone of voice. Words and tones of voice can be very important when trying to communicate effectively. Pay attention to the way the other person is speaking, and try to match their tone of voice. If they’re angry, try to be calm and reassuring.
• Be clear and concise. When you’re trying to communicate with someone, it’s important to be as clear as possible. Make sure to use short sentences and avoid using jargon or complex vocabulary. If you need more time to explain something, be sure to say so.
• Don’t take things personally. It can be easy to take things personally when we’re trying to communicate with others. But remember that everyone is different, and what one person might find offensive may not bother another person at all. Just try to keep things in perspective and focus on the task at hand rather than on the other person’s personality traits.
How to be proactive in answering questions
When it comes to communication, it’s important to be proactive and answer questions as soon as possible. This way, you can avoid any misunderstandings and keep your relationships healthy. Here are a few tips for being proactive in communication:
• Make a list of the questions that you’re likely to be asked. This will help you prepare for the conversation and avoid getting caught off guard.
• Anticipate the other person’s questions and try to have an answer ready. This will show that you’re paying attention and that you’re interested in the conversation.
• Avoid giving short, one-word answers. This will only create more confusion and tension. Instead, try to provide a detailed explanation or answer the question in a way that is relevant to the situation.
• Be willing to apologize if you make a mistake. This will show that you’re willing to learn and improve your communication skills.
The importance of communication with purpose
Effective communication is essential for any successful relationship. Whether you’re trying to get a message across to a coworker, negotiating a deal with a vendor, or simply communicating with your loved ones, it’s important to have a clear purpose in mind. Here are four tips for communicating with purpose:
• Establish clear goals. Before you even start speaking, make sure you know what you want to achieve. This will help you frame the conversation and avoid wasting time on irrelevant details.
• Be concise. When you’re trying to communicate a complex idea, it can be easy to ramble on without making your point clear. It’s important to keep your words concise and to the point so that everyone can understand what you’re saying.
• Be honest and straightforward. When you’re communicating with someone, it’s important to be honest and upfront from the start. If you don’t want to share something with them, be upfront about that too. Don’t try to sugarcoat things in order to make them more palatable.
• Stick to the facts. When you’re communicating with someone, it’s important not to get caught up in emotions or personal opinions. Stick to the facts and let the other person make their own decisions based on that information.