On this episode of Frugalpreneur, we delve into the journey of Hemant, the CEO and founder of DigiCom, a growth getting agency. Hemant shares his experiences and insights on building a successful business, highlighting the importance of commitment, passion, and learning along the way.
We learn how Hemant initially dabbled in entrepreneurship, experimenting with different approaches before finding his calling in media buying. By providing excellent services to clients and continuously improving his skills, he managed to build a thriving agency. Hemant emphasizes the importance of continuous learning, exploring various aspects of business development, company setup, taxation, and employee recruitment.
Throughout the episode, Hemant encourages listeners to share their own stories on the show, offering a platform for aspiring entrepreneurs to showcase their experiences and share valuable insights. Listeners can visit frugal.show/guest to submit their stories as potential guests.
In addition to sharing his own journey, Hemant provides practical advice for bootstrapped entrepreneurs. He suggests reaching out to contacts for advice and solutions, leveraging the knowledge of others, and taking advantage of resources like videos and books to learn new skill sets. Hemant also emphasizes the benefits of delegating tasks to experts, allowing entrepreneurs to focus on their strengths and eventually manage a team.
Transparency and goal setting are recurring themes in this episode. Hemant discusses the importance of regularly reviewing financial numbers, comparing performance to goals, and creating a transparent environment within a business. He also highlights the value of trying new things, accepting failure, and learning from mistakes.
Towards the end of the episode, Hemant offers to audit the media of other entrepreneurs and provide a growth plan, expressing a desire to build partnerships and support fellow frugalpreneurs. He also addresses the potential costs of hiring experts and the need for goal setting transparency to achieve desired outcomes.
Tune in to this episode of Frugalpreneur to gain valuable insights and practical tips from Hemant, a successful and experienced entrepreneur. Learn how to navigate the challenges of building a business on a budget, embrace learning opportunities, and ignite a passionate attitude towards success. Remember, failure is just a stepping stone on the journey to achieving your goals.”
❇️ Key topics and bullets
– Brief introduction of the speaker Hemant
– Overview of the episode’s key takeaway
– Hemant’s Experience with Building a Business:
– Hemant’s initial attempt at starting a business without full commitment
– Importance of having a specific reason and passion for what you do
– Hemant’s success story of building an agency by reaching out to contacts and staying dedicated
– Emphasis on enjoying work and providing good services to clients leading to more clients
– Learning Process and Business Development:
– Hemant’s journey of learning various aspects of business development
– Highlights on company setup, taxation, and employee recruitment
– Emphasis on the significance of the learning process
– Call to Action and Audience Participation:
– Encouragement for listeners to share their own stories on the show
– Information on how to submit stories as potential guests on Frugalpreneur
– Hemant’s Background and Inspiration:
– Hemant’s father inspiring him to build his business after witnessing the positive impact of his own manufacturing business
– The steps Hemant took to build DigiCom, including reaching out to contacts and running marketing campaigns
– Successes and Financial Management:
– Hemant’s successes in increasing revenue and diversifying the revenue stream
– DigiCom’s regular review of financial numbers and creation of a transparent environment
– Emphasis on setting clear goals to navigate towards targets
– Leveraging Advice and Resources:
– Emphasis on the importance of seeking advice and solutions from others
– Suggestions for reaching out to friends, colleagues, or family in similar situations
– Highlighting resources like videos and books for learning new skills
– Delegating Responsibilities and Managing a Team:
– Importance of delegating tasks or roles that one doesn’t enjoy or takes up too much time
– Consideration of hiring consultants or full-time employees to focus on core strengths
– Potential to eventually manage a team
– Showcasing Bootstrapped Entrepreneurs:
– Explanation of the podcast’s purpose to showcase bootstrap business tips and tactics
– Offer to audit media and provide a growth plan for participants
– Expressing a desire to build partnerships and provide future advice on business growth
– Hiring Experts and Goal Setting Transparency:
– Discussion on the benefits of hiring experts in their fields
– Recognition that increased costs may not always be offset by decreases in other areas
– Importance of goal-setting transparency for desired outcomes
– Embracing Failure and Utilizing Online Resources:
– Encouragement to embrace failure and learn from it
– Mention of online resources like YouTube University for learning various tasks
🧞♂️ Discussion questions
1. How did Hemant’s initial lack of commitment to his first business venture affect its success?
2. Hemant talks about the importance of having a specific reason and passion for what you’re doing. How do you identify your passion and ensure it aligns with your business goals?
3. In the episode, Hemant shares a success story of building his agency by reaching out to contacts and staying dedicated. Have you ever reached out to contacts for business opportunities? What was your experience like?
4. How does Hemant’s focus on providing good services to clients tie into the growth of his agency? How important is customer satisfaction in building a successful business?
5. Hemant emphasizes the learning process as crucial and significant. What are some key aspects of business development that you believe are important to learn? How do you go about learning them?
6. Hemant mentions the importance of reaching out to others for advice and solutions. Have you ever sought advice from friends, colleagues, or family in similar situations? Did it help you in your business endeavors?
7. Hemant suggests leveraging knowledge from others through resources like videos and books. Are there any specific resources that have been helpful in your business journey? How have they impacted your success?
8. Delegating certain responsibilities can help you focus on what you’re good at. Have you ever considered hiring a consultant or someone full-time to handle tasks you don’t enjoy or take up too much time? How has it affected your productivity?
9. Hemant mentions the possibility of partnerships in business. Have you ever formed partnerships with others? What has been your experience with forming business partnerships?
10. Hemant encourages accepting failure and understanding why things didn’t work. How do you personally learn from failure and use it to improve your business strategies?